Saturday, March 5, 2016

The Man in the Mirror ~ Rondeau

I dreamt a butterfly that fluttered beneath a willowy shade
A gentle cool breeze as the willow swayed
A wind chime embraced the night air, sweet serenity
Visualize coming to life, in all felicity
Breathe in, listen to the soft serenade

I dreamt the man in the mirror, no longer afraid
Somewhat shy and guarded from being displayed
Seen moments of confirmed intensity
I dreamt a butterfly
shots of whiskey help a pain fade
At moments, it feels like a fair trade
There’s a shine in unique solidity
A kind of passion that inspires creativity
encompassed in a world of masquerade
I dreamt a butterfly

Protected Ellie Teso 2015


1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to see this come to the big screen, this magnificent story in poem form.

    ReplyDelete